Pokhara is a popular tourist destination in Nepal, known for its natural beauty and outdoor activities. The city is situated around the picturesque Phewa Lake and offers stunning views of the Annapurna mountain range. Here are some recommended things to do in Pokhara:
- Phewa Lake: Enjoy boating, kayaking, or simply relaxing by the lakeside. You can rent a boat and explore the lake at your own pace, or hire a local boatman to do the rowing. Don't miss the Tal Barahi Temple, which is located on a small island in the lake.
- World Peace Pagoda: A beautiful Buddhist stupa situated atop a hill overlooking Pokhara and Phewa Lake. You can hike to the pagoda or take a boat across the lake and then hike up. The views from the pagoda are breathtaking.
- Sarangkot: A popular viewpoint near Pokhara, offering panoramic views of the Annapurna range and the city below. You can hike, drive, or take a taxi to the viewpoint. It's especially popular for watching sunrise and sunset.
- Paragliding: Pokhara is one of the best places in the world for paragliding. You can take a tandem flight with a professional pilot and soar above the city, lake, and mountains. It's an unforgettable experience.
- Trekking: Pokhara serves as a gateway to various treks in the Annapurna region, such as Annapurna Base Camp, Poon Hill, and the Annapurna Circuit. You can find numerous trekking agencies in the city to help you plan and arrange your adventure.
- Davis Falls: A beautiful waterfall located just outside of Pokhara. You can visit the falls and the nearby Gupteshwor Mahadev Cave, which has a shrine dedicated to Lord Shiva.
- International Mountain Museum: Learn about the history of mountaineering in Nepal, including famous expeditions and the life of Sherpas. The museum showcases the culture, flora, fauna, and geology of the Himalayan region.
- Adventure Sports: Apart from paragliding, Pokhara offers various other adventure sports such as zip-lining, bungee jumping, and white-water rafting.
- Explore local cuisine: Pokhara has numerous restaurants and cafes where you can try local and international cuisines. Don't miss the chance to try Nepali dishes like momos, dal bhat, and sel roti.
These are just a few of the many activities and attractions you can enjoy in Pokhara. The city has something for everyone, whether you're looking for relaxation, adventure, or cultural experiences.