Sadheko Sukuti is a popular Nepali snack made from dried and smoked meat that has been marinated in a flavorful blend of spices. It is a favorite among locals and visitors alike and is often served at gatherings and festivals.
To make Sadheko Sukuti, thin strips of buffalo or goat meat are dried in the sun or over a fire and then smoked to give it a rich and smoky flavor. The meat is then cut into bite-sized pieces and mixed with a variety of spices such as cumin, coriander, chili powder, turmeric, garlic, and ginger. The mixture is then left to marinate for several hours to allow the flavors to develop.
Sadheko Sukuti can be eaten as a snack or as a side dish with rice or other Nepali dishes. It is often served with sliced onions, tomatoes, and fresh coriander leaves for added flavor and freshness.
The unique combination of smoky and spicy flavors makes Sadheko Sukuti a delicious and satisfying snack. It is also a good source of protein, making it a popular choice for athletes and hikers who need to fuel up on the go.
If you are visiting Nepal, be sure to try this popular Nepali snack and experience the unique flavors and culture of Nepal.
To make Sadheko Sukuti, you will need the following ingredients:
- 500g of dried and smoked buffalo or goat meat
- 1 tbsp of cumin powder
- 1 tbsp of coriander powder
- 2 tbsp of chili powder
- 1 tsp of turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp of garlic paste
- 1 tbsp of ginger paste
- 2 tbsp of mustard oil
- Salt to taste
- Sliced onions, tomatoes, and fresh coriander leaves for garnish
- Soak the dried and smoked meat in water for at least 1 hour to rehydrate it.
- Drain the meat and cut it into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cumin powder, coriander powder, chili powder, turmeric powder, garlic paste, ginger paste, mustard oil, and salt.
- Add the meat to the bowl and mix well, making sure that all the pieces are coated with the spice mixture.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate the meat in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Spread the marinated meat out in a single layer on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the meat in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until it is crispy and golden brown.
- Remove the meat from the oven and let it cool.
- Garnish the Sadheko Sukuti with sliced onions, tomatoes, and fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve the Sadheko Sukuti as a snack or as a side dish with rice or other Nepali dishes.
Enjoy the delicious and smoky flavors of Sadheko Sukuti, a beloved Nepali snack!