Gorkhali Lamb is a delicious Nepali food that is made from succulent lamb meat, marinated in a blend of aromatic spices and cooked to perfection. This dish is named after the Gorkha region of Nepal, where it is believed to have originated.
To prepare Gorkhali Lamb, the lamb is first marinated in a mixture of spices such as cumin, coriander, turmeric, and chili powder, along with garlic and ginger paste. The marinated lamb is then cooked slowly over low heat with onions, tomatoes, and a blend of additional spices until it is tender and flavorful.
Gorkhali Lamb is typically served with rice or naan bread and is a popular dish in Nepali cuisine. The combination of tender lamb meat and a blend of spices creates a rich, aromatic flavor that is sure to please any palate. The dish is also popular with those who enjoy spicy foods, as the chili powder and other spices give it a spicy kick.
Gorkhali Lamb is a delicious and flavorful dish that is well worth trying if you enjoy Nepali cuisine or are looking for a new and exciting dish to add to your repertoire.
Sure, here's a recipe for making Gorkhali Lamb along with the ingredients needed:
- 1 kg of lamb meat, cut into cubes
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of water
- Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
- In a large bowl, add the cubed lamb meat along with the garlic, ginger paste, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, chili powder, and salt. Mix well to coat the lamb with the spices, cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a large pot or dutch oven, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onions and sauté until they are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the marinated lamb to the pot and cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally until the lamb is browned on all sides.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the pot and cook for another 5 minutes until they have softened.
- Pour in 1/2 cup of water and stir to combine. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot and simmer for 45-50 minutes or until the lamb is tender and fully cooked.
- Once the lamb is cooked, turn off the heat and garnish with fresh cilantro leaves. Serve hot with rice or naan bread.
Enjoy your delicious Gorkhali Lamb!