Gundruk ko achar is a popular Nepali dish that is made from fermented leafy greens. It is a type of pickle that is sour and spicy, and is often served as a side dish with rice and other Nepali dishes.
To make gundruk ko achar, leafy greens are first fermented for several days until they become sour and slightly tangy. The fermented greens are then mixed with garlic, ginger, chili powder, mustard oil, and other spices to create a delicious and flavorful pickle.
Gundruk ko achar is a great source of vitamins and minerals, and is also a popular remedy for stomach ailments. It is a staple in many Nepali households, and is often served with traditional Nepali dishes like dal bhat and curry.
This Nepali dish has a unique flavor and texture that is sure to tantalize your taste buds. It is also a great way to experience the traditional food culture of Nepal. If you are a fan of spicy and sour pickles, then gundruk ko achar is definitely worth trying.
Gundruk ko achar is a popular Nepali dish that is made from fermented leafy greens. It is a sour and spicy pickle that is often served as a side dish with rice and other Nepali dishes. Here's how to make gundruk ko achar along with its ingredients:
- 1 cup gundruk (fermented leafy greens)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2-3 tablespoons mustard oil
- Salt, to taste
- Rinse the gundruk with water and soak it for 10-15 minutes in warm water.
- Squeeze out the excess water from the gundruk and chop it into small pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chopped gundruk, onion, garlic, ginger, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, and chili powder.
- Add salt and mustard oil to the mixture and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a clean and dry jar and cover it tightly.
- Leave the jar in a warm place for a few days to allow the mixture to ferment.
- Once the achar has reached the desired level of fermentation, it is ready to serve.
Gundruk ko achar is a healthy and delicious side dish that is a great way to incorporate fermented foods into your diet. It is a traditional Nepali dish that is easy to make at home with just a few simple ingredients. The tangy and spicy flavors of gundruk ko achar are sure to add a unique twist to any Nepali meal.