Kinema ko achar is a traditional Nepalese dish that is made with fermented soybeans and spices. It is a delicious and nutritious dish that is perfect as a side dish or condiment. Here is a recipe to make kinema ko achar:
- 1 cup of kinema (fermented soybeans)
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 inch piece of ginger, chopped
- 2-3 green chillies, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of mustard oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- Start by rinsing the kinema in water and draining it. Then, add it to a pan and cook it on low heat for 10-15 minutes until it is soft.
- Once the kinema is cooked, remove it from the heat and let it cool down.
- In a separate pan, heat the mustard oil until it starts to smoke. Then, add the cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Add the chopped garlic, ginger, and green chillies to the pan and sauté them for a few minutes until they are fragrant.
- Add the coriander powder and salt to the pan and stir well.
- Now, add the cooked kinema to the pan and mix well.
- Finally, add the lemon juice to the mixture and stir well.
- Allow the kinema ko achar to cool to room temperature before serving.
Kinema ko achar can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. It is a perfect side dish for rice or can be used as a condiment for sandwiches or burgers. Enjoy!